Monday 14 October 2013

Spring cleaning!

Finally, I've sorted all the parts! some are in piles and others in plastic storage tubs.
So far there has been some interesting finds.. numerous "sets" of spares & extras ranging in all sorts of condition.

Examples are dash surrounds, chrome trimming, chrome door handles & window winders, grilles, badges, rubber seals, a huge amount of interior fittings & some extra panels!
One of the cooler items, was a really old taco meter.. with a user set redline! I'm hoping it works and install it into the car, keeping the nostalgia/vintage look.






We also examined the brakes, no good. It appears the lines are blocked somewhere & the master cylinder is stuffed.
After that, I drove the "beast" (VX commodore) up close and personal, used jumper leads and tried my luck... Errrrr err.. it cranked over, no worries! always a good sign to know the stock motor has life. I'd still like to build a decent 4K/5K or perhaps a 4AGE conversion if funds allow.

Once I had my fun experimenting with the motor, I kept at the interior and started cleaning the carpet, under the rear sets & removed the head lining.



Once again, more to come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment